The Booth Company has recently reinforced its approach to acquiring electricity for its offices in Boulder, Colorado. More than two years ago The Booth Company joined other Colorado-based environmental leaders in a wind-based renewable energy program. After enjoying the benefits of the program it has now decided to purchase Renewable Energy Certificates from Renewable Choice Energy. These certificates are Green-e certified, guaranteeing that each kilowatt-hour of electricity consumed by the Booth Company through local utility companies is replenished in the national power grid with 100% renewable energy.
Did you know?
- As little as $50 a month can replace up to 30,000 kWh of energy per year.
- 30,000 kWh of energy translates to 41,760 pounds of Carbon Dioxide.
- It would take 6 acres of trees 1 year to soak up 41,760 lbs of CO2.
- 33,408 lbs of CO2 is the equivalent of not driving 45,590 miles.
- Not driving 45,590 miles equates to taking 4 cars off the road.